Recipe by: Truong Nguyen Yield: 2 Servings INGREDIENTS 1 Duck Breast, defrosted and patted dry. 1 Tbsp. Five spice powder 3 Rockit Apple, de-seeded and thinly sliced ¼ cup Celery stalk cut thinly on a Bias, Leaves washed and dried ¼ cup Cilantro leaves 2 Tbsp. Fresh Mint ...
Recipe by: Truong Nguyen
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 Duck Breast, defrosted and patted dry.
- 1 Tbsp. Five spice powder
- 3 Rockit Apple, de-seeded and thinly sliced ¼ cup Celery stalk cut thinly on a Bias, Leaves washed and dried ¼ cup Cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Mint
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tsp. Peanuts canned-Roasted and lightly salted, Chopped
- Rockit Apple Dressing
- 1 Apple- Peeled and de-cored
- 1 Garlic clove
- ½ Tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1 cup H20 Water
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- To Taste Kosher Salt
- Preheat over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
TIP: Duck breast can be hard to find during off season. Using frozen is fine. But make sure to defrost and pat dry. “ Dry skin means crispier deliciousness”
- In a blender, Blend together apple, garlic, chili flakes, H20, lime juice. Until smooth. Season to taste. Your dressing should be a balanced salty sweet. Set aside.
- Scoring your duck skin. Using a sharp knife, Begin slicing your duck skin parallel starting from one end. Make 20 scoring marks. Next make an additional 20 scoring marks going in a perpendicular direction. The more scoring lines the better, just avoid scoring to deep into the skin. You do not wish to pierce the meat.
- Using a sauté pan, Heat pan on medium heat. Lay duck breast skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes until some fat has rendered and skin is beginning to crisp.
- Add five spice powder and salt to meat side of the duck breast place in oven and bake for 10 mins. Rest whole for 5 mins before slicing.
- In separate bowl mix apples, celery, celery leaves, cilantro, mint. Set Aside
7. Pour a puddle of dressing on a plate. Slice duck breast and place on sauce skin side up. Top with herb celery mixture. Drizzle some dressing on top and finish with chopped peanuts.