Rockit™ Apple Bacon Poppers
Instead of putting out the jalapeños poppers this year for the Super Bowl, try these little Rockit™ apple poppers! Its a great way to lighten up an old favorite and enjoy a serving a fruit as well. To make the poppers more kid friendly, try swapping out cheddar cheese and ham for the spicy pepper cheese and bacon. Go team Rockit™!
YIELD: 6-8 servings
Created by: Meg Raines
- 8-10 Rockit™ apples
- 6 ounces spicy pepper cheese, cut into cubes
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked
- Cut the bacon into pieces about the size of the apple quarters.
- Cut each Rockit™ apple into quarters, remove the core and set on a serving plate.
- Place a piece of bacon and a cube of cheese on an apple quarter, skewer with a toothpick to hold together. Repeat with the remaining apple quarters.
- Serve immediately.