May 17, 2022
Grilled Oysters with Rockit Apple Butter
Yields: 1 dozen
Recipe by: Truong Nguyen
- 1 Dozen Oysters, medium sized Fresh and alive
- 4 ounce Butter unsalted- room temperature
- 2 Each Rockit Apple, grated
- 1/2 Each Scallion, minced
- 3 Each Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tsp Thyme- fresh and chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chervil- fresh and chopped
- ¼ Tsp Black pepper
- 1 each lemon zest
- Preheat grill to High, ripping hot
- In Large bowl, Mix together apple, butter, herbs, lemon zest, garlic, and pepper. Until everything is incorporated.
- On a piece of plastic wrap, place butter in a long line. Roll into a log and refrigerate.
- Shuck oysters and place on bed of salt until ready
- Once grill is hot and butter is cold. Cut butter log into 12 coins. Place a coin on each oyster
- Grill till bubbling hot and shell is slightly charred and butter has melted
Place oysters in center of platter. Use salt for stabilization garnish with hot sauce and lemon wedges.