May 17, 2022
Rockit™ Apple Bison Burger Protein Style with Green Chili
Yields: 3 Servings
Recipe by: Truong Nguyen
- 1 Pound Ground bison patty (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 Tsp Spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground black pepper (medium ground)
- As needed High smoke point oil example: avocado oil
- 2 Each Rockit Apple, de-seeded and small diced
- 1 Tbsp Green chili- diced, canned
- 1 Each Yellow onion, small diced
- 1 Head Iceberg washed and carefully de leafed
- 4 Tbsp Mayo
- 4 Tsp ketchup
- 4 slices Tomato (beefsteak, heirloom, or large)
- 8 slices Pickles
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat grill to medium high
- Salt and pepper each bison patty generously and massage with spicy mustard.
- Next prep your burger toppings: Slice tomato, onion, cheese, wash lettuce and dry pickles. Set aside
- Using a small sauté pan, place on grill to preheat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp of oil. Add onions and cook till brown, add apples. Season with salt, add chilis. Cook till apples are soft, and its looking jammy. Set aside.
- Grill the burgers on medium high heat, about 4 minutes per side, less or more depending on the thickness of the burger and the heat of the pan/grill, or until the internal temperature is 140°F for medium rare, or 160°F for well done. Let rest in foil for 2 mins.
- Top with desired toppings, wrap in lettuce. And SERVE!
Cut in half and serve along salad, vegetable chips or desired side.