May 18, 2022
Steak au Poivre with Grilled Rockit Apples
Recipe by: Truong Nguyen|
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 each Filet mignon about 3 ounces
- To taste Ground black pepper
- To taste Kosher Salt
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (divided- 1 Tbsp each)
- 3 Each Rockit apple, De-cored, medium sliced
- 6 Sprigs Fresh thyme
- 3 Tbsp Vodka
- 1 Cup Apple juice
Apple frisée salad
- 1 Each Rockit apple, De-cored, thinly sliced
- 1 Head Frisée, cleaned and torn apart
- Preheat grill to Medium heat
- Season steak generously with salt, lightly oil and set aside.
- Clean frisée and set aside in a bowl big enough to toss apples with.
- *Grill steak to desired doneness. Let rest 7 mins tented in foil.
- In cast iron pan on medium heat melt butter, add apple sauté 5 mins. Add thyme, apple juice and peppercorns. Add steak, flipping so steak is covered in sauce. Remove thyme sprigs.
- Add vodka and flame. (Don’t be alarmed it may produce large flames.
- Serve along side the frisée, shaved apples. Using the sauce as your dressing. ENJOY!
*How to Grill Filet Mignon
- For a 1-inch cut, grill 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F).
- For a 1½-inch cut, grill 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F).
Cut steak in half, top with salad and drizzle a generous amount of sauce over steak. Serve!