February 21, 2022
Rockit™ in a Pocket – Stuffed French Toast!
Recipe created by: Valerie Musser of @valeriesofcoursecatering
- 12 sliced of thick brioche bread
- 6 Rockit™ Apples, peeled, cored, and halved
- 7 eggs
- ½ milk of choice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash of almond extract
- Dash of cinnamon powder
- Dash of cardamom powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Make an impression in each piece of bread with a Rockit™ apple and cut out a small apple sized circle using the impression as your guide. Alternatively, you can use a small apple sized biscuit cutter. Set aside.
- Peel, core and halve the Rockit™ apples. Using the hasselback technique, slice each halved apple, keeping the slices together and not cutting all the way through. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the remaining ingredients, whisk to incorporate. Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture and place on a lined and buttered baking sheet. When all the bread has been dipped, slip the halved and sliced apples into the center pocket of each brioche slice.
- Using a basting brush, brush each apple top with any remaining egg mixture.
- Cook in your preheated oven for 11 minutes on the middle rack. After the time has elapsed, bring the temp up to broil and continue to cook for 2 additional minutes or until the brioche toasts are golden brown.
- Serve with honey, powdered sugar, maple syrup or just enjoy as is!