May 18, 2021
Rockit™ Apple Dutch Baby Pancake
Recipe by: Truong Nguyen
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 Eggs, Whole
- ¾ cup Milk
- ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter (divided- 2 Tbsp each)
- 3 Rockit™ Apples, De-cored, medium sliced
- To Taste Maple syrup
- To Taste Powdered Sugar
- Preheat Oven to 425 Fahrenheit
- In a blender, blend eggs, milk, flour, salt, cinnamon. Set Aside.
- In cast iron pan on medium heat melt 2 Tbsp Butter add Apple sauté 2 mins. Remove and set aside for garnish.
- Add additional 2 tbsp butter to pan and melt on medium heat.
- Once butter is bubbling, add batter and place in preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes until puffy, golden and center is set but still custardy.
(Don’t be alarmed it will deflate slightly when removed from oven.)
- Slice in the pan, garnish with cooked apples in the center.
- Finish with a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup. YUM!