September 16, 2021
Paleo Rockit™ Apple Crème Pâtissière Pudding
Yields: 4 servings
Recipe by: Truong Nguyen
- 1 can Coconut cream (13.5 Fl Ounce )
- 2 Ea. Rockit™ apple- peeled, small diced
- 5 Ea. egg yolks- pasture raised
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch
- ¼ Cup golden maple syrup
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Ea. Rockit™ apples – descended and thinly sliced
- ½ Tsp. Cinnamon- ground
- 2 Tbsp Water
- In a small sauce pan, heat coconut cream and petite apple slices until simmering slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg yolks, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Add ¼ of the hot coconut cream to egg mixture, whisking vigorously. Once combined add back to the pan with the rest of the coconut cream.
- Reduce heat, whisk continuously till thick. Pour into an airtight container and chill. Or serve warm immediately.
NOTE: don’t be alarmed if your pudding looks a little shiny. It’s the coconut oil trying to separate. Just give it a good whisking and it will come back together.
- Heat a small sauté pan. Add apples. And cinnamon and a Tbsp of water. Cook for 2 mins and set aside.
- Time to assemble in your chosen dish. I like stemless martini glasses. Add your patisserie crème, top with cooked sliced apples.