December 10, 2021
Mini Rockit™ Apple and Cheese Danish
Created by: Courtney Paige | @apaigeofpositivity
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 9 Rockit™ Apples (Visit rockit.fruitlocator.com to find Rockit Apples in a store near you)
- (2) puff pastry doughs (I found mine in the freezer section at my local grocery store)
- 1-2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 (8oz) softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup egg white wash
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Let’s make mini Rockit™ Apples & Cheese danishes together. Start with 2 puff pastry doughs at room temperature. (I found them in the freezer section at my local grocery store). Lightly flour a surface and spread the pastry dough flat.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to slice the puff pastry into 18 equal squares (if you’re using 2 sheets of puff pastry, it will be 9 small squares)
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Fill into a piping bag or use a spoon to scoop cheese batter onto pastry squares.
- Cut Rockit™ Apples into fine slices and layer onto cheese + pastry combo.
- Fold the puff pastries into squares and brush them with egg wash. Sprinkle them with cane sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the danish is lightly toasted.
- Serve and enjoy!