Rockit™ Apple Pie Granola
Apple season is not just for the Fall my friends! I enjoy apples all year round. I have recently discovered a new kind of apple that I wanted to share with you all. It is called the Rockit™ Apple! It is the cutest little mini apple you ever did see. Basically, the PERFECT pocket-size fruit. Truly, I have been walking around with 1 – 2 of these in my bag. I love the flavor profile of them – they are sweet, crunchy and delicious. They are great for kids to eat on the go because they can actually hold them in their little hands. They are very crisp too- I could slice one up with some cheese and a glass of Sav Blanc at a summer picnic and be super happy. Honestly, I am dreaming of a day like that right now.
Rockit™ Apples are also great to use in recipes! They are the perfect baking apple because of their flavor profile, which makes them a great addition to granola. Aka why I decided to make this Healthy Apple Pie Granola with them! The taste of the baked apples with the crunchy oats, nuts, and honey is absolutely amazing! This recipe is super easy and will be enjoyed by everyone. I love granola as a snack, on top of yogurt and even on top of some vanilla ice cream (channeling summer vibes over here).
Let’s get into it! Here is what you need:
- Rockit™ Apples – Cutest little sweet and delish apples ever!
- Rolled Oats – Gluten Free or Whole Grain work perfect
- Fresh Pecans – Almonds also work great
- Coconut Chips – I love it when these get toasted!
- Honey – For Sweetness, of course ?
- Cinnamon & Apple Pie Spice – If you do not have Apple Pie Spice, you can double the cinnamon or use allspice. Either work!
- Coconut Oil Spray – Regular nonstick is ok too.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
TOTAL TIME 30 mins
- 2 Rockit Apples
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp Chopped Pecans
- 2 tbsp Toasted Coconut Chips
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice (if you do not have, do 2 tsp of cinnamon)
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Set oven to 325
- Chop 2 Rockit Apples into small pieces (1/4 inch). Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss in oats, nuts, coconut chips, spices, and honey! Toss and mix well with a spatula. Make sure the honey coats as much as possible.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil.
- Evenly spread out the mixture on the cookie sheet. Press down throughout with your hands or the back of a spoon/ spatula to make sure it is even. Sprinkle more cinnamon on top.
- Generously spray coconut oil on top so everything is well coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Store in a mason jar at room temperature for one week.