August 4, 2020
Apple Oat Breakfast Cookies
Recipe Development and Photography By: Annessa Chumbley, RD
- 1 cup soft dates (this is about 14 – 16 dates)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 Rockit™ apple, skin left on and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (such as honey or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup nuts (peanuts or almonds), roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add dates (make sure there are no pits that ended up in any of those dates). Process until dates are chopped into small pieces. (this will take about 20 seconds). Add egg, nut milk and salt, and process again until creamy. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor and make sure everything gets incorporated. Add peanut butter and blend/process only for a second.
- Pour mixture into a bowl (scraping down the sides of the food processor again, so you make sure you get everything), and add quick oats, diced apple, cinnamon and honey (or coconut sugar). Stir until everything is evenly mixed together.
- Scoop 10 large cookies onto the cookie sheet. Using your fingers, press each one down in the center a little. Sprinkle each with chopped nuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool. Delicious as a on-the-go breakfast, or after-school snack. Enjoy!