January 5, 2019
Dipped Valentine Rockit™ Apples
Will you be mine? Treat your special Valentine to adorable Rockit™ apples coated in luscious white chocolate and decked out in sprinkles!
This simple craft is a perfect way for kids to take part in cupid’s special day. Our dipped Valentine Rockit™ apples are wonderful for parties: beautiful to look at and delicious to eat.
YIELD: 8-10 dipped
Recipe Development and Photography By: Williams-Raines
- 8-10 Rockit™ apples
- 10 candy apple sticks or popsicle sticks
- 10 oz. bag of white chocolate melting wafers
- Assorted sprinkles and decorations
- Rinse and thoroughly dry Rockit™
- One at a time, place apples on a stable surface and gently push a candy stick into the center of each Rockit™, at its core. Stop when you’re halfway through the apple. Set aside.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Have decorations ready along with a clean plate.
- Melt the white chocolate over low heat in a double boiler or a glass bowl set over a pan with simmering water. Stir until completely melted and remove from heat.
- Hold an apple by the stick and dip into the white chocolate, then rotate until the Rockit™ is completely covered. Hold right side up over the melted chocolate until the chocolate stops dripping.
- Holding the dipped apple over the plate (do not set the apple down), decorate with sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm. Set on lined sheet pan to cool and the chocolate is set.
- Repeat until all Rockit™ apples are coated in chocolate and decorated.
- Eat immediately or give to friends, kids or co-workers! Your beautifully decorated Rockit™ apples will keep for up to 3 days if wrapped lightly in plastic wrap or cellophane gift bag.