November 27, 2017
Chocolate Dipped Rockit Apples
- Rockit™ Apples
- Bags of chocolate chips for melting; chose either dark, milk chocolate or white chocolate, or one of each for variety.
Assorted topping suggestions:
- Chopped nuts
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Flaked coconut
- Prepared caramel sauce
- Crushed peppermint candy or candy canes
- Popsicle sticks for apples (optional)
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Assemble all of your topping in small bowls or in piles on a second sheet pan. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a small glass or heatproof bowl in a microwave for 10 second increments, stirring in between, until completely smooth. NOTE: chocolate burns very quickly so be sure you do not overcook it. Alternatively melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside to let cool slightly, stirring as needed. oil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until most of the water has been evaporated, 15-20 minutes.
- Insert popsicle sticks into the center of the apples, if using.
- Holding the stem (or popsicle stick handle) dip the fruit into the melted chocolate, rolling it on its side to get more coverage, when it is well coated hold the fruit over the bowl until the chocolate stops dripping. Place the fruit on the lined sheet pan. Let the chocolate begin to set and cool for a few minutes before putting toppings on, otherwise they will slide right off. The most effective way to put the toppings on is, working over your topping bowl, hold the fruit with one hand and press a hand full of the toppings into the chocolate with the other hand, repeat until you get the desired results.
- Repeat with remaining fruit.
There is no set way these should look so let your creative genius loose and have fun! Use the different types of chocolate for drizzling or layering on the fruit, or pour a bit of caramel over the finished product for extra decadence.