November 11, 2021
Bay Scallops, Squid Ink Linguine, and Peas
Recipe by: Truong Nguyen
Yield: 4 servings
- ½ Pound Bay scallops
- ¼ Cup English peas
- ¼ Cup Sugar snap peas, slivered
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin Olive oil
- ½ Pound Squid ink pasta- linguine, fettuccine or spaghetti, or your favorite pasta shape.
- 3 Ea. Garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Ea. Rockit apple, peeled, and petite diced
- ½ Cup White wine
- 2 Ea. Lemon- 1 zested and kept separate the rest juiced
- You need ¼ cup juice
- ½ Pound Butter- Highest Quality, small cubes SUPER COLD
- 2 Tbsp. Basil- fresh and torn
- ¼ cup Pea shoots- Fresh to garnish
- To taste Kosher Salt
- You will need a large pot of salted boiling water to cook your pasta.
- In a small sauce pan, add sliced garlic, petite diced apple, white wine, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and reduce to ¼ cup liquid.
- Add butter a couple cubes at a time, while continuously whisking. Until a emulsified liquid forms. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook your squid ink pasta.. if fresh, 2 mins otherwise follow package instructions minus two mins. You want your pasta to be al Dante.
- Heat a large sauté pan until ripping hot
- Drain and pat dry your bay scallops with a paper towel. Add to hot sauté, DON’T MOVE THEM! One min. Add sugar snap peas and english peas. Using tongs or pasta spoon add pasta to scallops/ pea mixture.
- Reduce heat, add ½ cup buerre blanc sauce, small ladle of pasta sauce, torn basil and lemon zest.
- Toss and season to taste with salt.
- Plate and finish with fresh pea shoots
Plating: In a Pasta Bowl, twirl a generous portion, ladle scallops, peas and sauce on top. Finish with fresh pea shoots.