October 5, 2021
Rockit™ Fruit Rollups
Recipe by: Valerie Musser
Yield: 3 days’ worth
- 4 cups of quartered, cored, and rough chopped Rockit™ apples
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Peel, core and chop your apples.
- Add the apples to the water in a large pot over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer and cover, allowing to cook on low heat for 15 minutes or so.
- Dump the cooked mixture to a blender, add the lemon juice and puree till smooth.
- Put the pureed mix back into the pot and cook for an additional 10 minutes stirring regularly so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or microwave safe plastic wrap. Pour the puree onto the lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to the lowest possible temperature (170°F is standard) and cook for 8-10 hours or overnight. Or, if you have a dehydrator, pour the puree onto the solid ring or silicone liner, and cook at 135°F overnight.
- Allow the fruit leather to completely cool. Remove, cut into three large strips (or smaller if you would like) and roll up with parchment paper.