Halloween Rockit™ apple chocolate spiders
Get into the spirit of Halloween with these deliciously scary chocolate spiders!
- 1 tube of Rockit apples (5 apples per tube)
- 300g of chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (if needed to thin the chocolate for dipping)
- Candy eyes or other small round candies
- 15 black pipe cleaners
- 5 small go-to containers or small bowls (The containers are optional but they do help to stabilize the spiders).
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 20 second increments until melted, taking care to stir well between each increment. Keep a close eye on the chocolate and don't let it overcook!
- Add coconut oil, if needed, and mix well until melted and blended into the chocolate. The chocolate should be glossy and smooth.
- Holding Rockit™ apples by the stem, dip them until completely submerged in the chocolate.
- Remove from chocolate and place on parchment or baking paper and allow the chocolate to start setting.
- Once the chocolate has started to set, add the eyes. NOTE: If you add the eyes too early they may slip off, add them too late and they may have trouble sticking.
- Set aside and allow chocolate to firm completely. You can refrigerate the apples to speed up the process.
- While the apples are setting, take 3 pipe cleaners and wrap one once or twice around the middle of the other two. Shape the pipe cleaners into spider legs. Repeat 4 more times, until you have 5 sets of spider legs.
- Place the legs in the little containers or directly on a plate or platter if you aren’t using containers.
- When the chocolate apples are set, place them on top of the legs and adjust to maximize the scary effect!